Follow us on facebook
April 8, 2014
Version 12.04 of DESIGN II for Windows is available...
April 7, 2014
Mr. Lynn McGuire will be at the GPA annual convention ...
March 11, 2014
free introductory training is available on Friday, May 2, 2014 in ...
February 18, 2014
The documentation for DESIGN II for Windows has been updated...
February 14, 2014
The DESIGN II for Windows brochure has been updated...
December 17, 2013
Please fill out the DESIGN II for Windows survey...
November 21, 2012
WinSim is seeking Resellers for International Markets ...
Archived News )
April 8, 2014 -
Version 12.04 of DESIGN II for Windows is available for
now ! This is a release with both fixes and upgrades.
Please note that the Password algorithm was changed
for the 12.00 release. Your new password should have been emailed to
the contact person for your account.
If you need a new password, please contact
for your new password if you are on MSS or a Usage agreement.
- Added the display to all column unit modules of the
calculated results of top and bottom temperature,
condenser (if present) temperature and duty, reboiler
(if present) temperature and duty, and reflux ratio
- Added alerting the user to a symbol overlay issue when
the same two identical unit module symbols were on top of
- Fixed a final flash issue with the Line Pressure Drop module
- Fixed the stream D86 report which was broken due to the new
- Fixed the heat exchanger rating duty for a single component
mixture when the pressure change was small and the
temperature change was smaller
- Fixed the vertical Depressurizer initialization error when
the liquid height is more than one-half of the total height
- Fixed the corrupted template.xlsx file
- Miscellaneous small enhancements and fixes (see
release notes )
April 7, 2014 -
Mr. Lynn McGuire, President of WinSim Inc., will
be attending the Gas Processors Association annual convention
( https://gpaconvention.org/ ) this coming week. If
you would like to get together to discuss DESIGN II
for Windows at the conference, please send an email
to Lynn McGuire ( email@example.com ) or call him at
We would like to meet you if you are attending this
March 11, 2014 -
Please note! We have two changes for the May 2 class:
1. We are changing the starting time to 8:30 am due to school starting
along with Crabb River Road construction
2. We are adding an optional two hour hands on session on building a flowsheet
after lunch for a maximum of six people who bring their laptops
We are offering free introductory training
classes for DESIGN II for Windows at our office in
Richmond, Texas. We still have 2 or 3 spots open for the
class scheduled for Friday, May 2, 2014 at 8:30 am.
Let us know by RSVP to
if you are interested and we
will send you a confirmation e-mail with directions.
Here are some comments from those in attendance at previous classes:
"Great overview of the capabilities of the software."
"Fast moving and very interesting."
"I have used the program for a while, but learned a lot from
The class lasts a half day, from 8:30 am until 12:15 pm. Murugan Selvan,
Ph.D. Chemical Engineering and head of our technical support
staff will teach the class. The course is a very good overview
of the capabilities of DESIGN II. The agenda for the session
can be found at
training agenda (70K Word document).
We will try to adhere closely to the agenda to maximize the benefit
of the class for all participants. If you are interested in
more specific and detailed training, please e-mail
WinSim Sales .
Please note that this class does contribute 4 to 6 hours towards the
yearly requirements for the
Texas board of Professional Engineers Continuing Education Program
Please note that we are going to have a FREE Barbecue lunch after
the training session. We would be pleased if you can stay to meet
our staff and eat lunch with us.
February 18, 2014 -
Please note that the printed documentation for DESIGN II for Windows
version 11 has been updated at
The Adobe Acrobat versions of the manuals will be included
in the 12.03 release of DESIGN II for Windows.
You can order printed copies of all five manuals at
(the URLs are on
February 14, 2014
- We have updated the
DESIGN II for Windows brochure
to update and add information about the latest release, version 12.0.
December 17, 2013 -
If you have yet to do so, please fill out the DESIGN II for Windows version 12
We are currently working on the Chen NRTL thermodynamic method and a couple
of other new features for version 13 of DESIGN II for Windows in 2014.
November 21, 2012 -
WinSim is seeking Resellers for International Markets
WinSim, a leading provider of process simulation software is actively seeking resellers. WinSim's software solutions are primarily used for Oil and Gas applications, but also have particular relevance in the petrochemical industries.
Here is what WinSim is looking for from prospective Resellers:
- Discounts from WinSim list pricing.
- Unlimited earning potential.
- Free training at WinSim's office near Houston, Texas.
- Technical and Sales support from WinSim.
- Marketing materials. Brochures, manuals, demonstration passwords, etc.
- Complimentary copy of WinSim's simulator Design II.
This is an excellent opportunity for motivated resellers. WinSim is serious about increasing our International business and we will provide you with the support necessary to succeed. Interested reseller candidates should contact WinSim's sales director
or call him at (832) 459-8496.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in English and at least one other language.
- Established connections in the Oil and Gas fields in your geographic location.
- Must have the ability to understand and demonstrate WinSim's products. Process or chemical engineering background preferred.
- Willing to travel to USA for training on WinSim products.
- Motivated to close new business.